Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Hayflower and Quiltshoe

Vimme saw his first film at a theater today. A friend of mine asked if we could take our boys to see a Finnish children's film 'Hayflower and Quiltshoe' now that it's shown here in Tokyo. I said yes, though I was afraid that Vimme is too little for cinema. To my surprise he saw the whole film and didn't act out at all. I might concider seeing another movie with him - as soon as they show another Finnish children's film in Tokyo. That may not ever happen though.

The film was cute. I have always liked the way director Kaisa Rastimo builds her scenes. Lots of colourful details and unusual characters. The film had only Japanese subtitles, so no use to see it in Tokyo unless you know your Finnish. Or Japanese.

2 comments:

Elspeth said...

Its good that you get a Finnish film to see though, did it make you homesick?>

Liisa said...

Soon I'm going to Finland for a month, so being little home sick doesn't hurt.