Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Quiet House

Our guests are sitting on a plane to Finland. It was fun to have them here and now our home feels suddenly very quiet, though we still have an expressive little boy here loudly objecting everything.

After roaming around Tokyo (and bit of Kyoto too) for two weeks with two 2 years old I can say that Tokyo is fun with kids. The only shadow side is that quite a many subway and railway stations have no elevator. The pram is about to fall apart after all that dragging up and down stairs.

2 comments:

dancerjen said...

Hi, I have just been reading your blog - found it while looking for finnish stuff on google! Me and my husband are moving to Finland for a year in July, and I have been reading about your struggles in Japanese grocery stores with a growing feeling of "eek... I'll be doing that soon..."
Hope your time in Japan gets better and better :-)
Regards
Jeni

Liisa said...

A year in Finland sounds great. I'm sure you will like it. I think everyone ought to live some where else than their home country for a while. That sort of opens one's view.

You can mail me to my hotmail.com address if you want to ask anything about Finland and Finns or get any tips. My hotmail name is pythiapythia.