Monday, January 09, 2006

Story Too Short & Some Whining

I am reading a fantastic novel: 'The Time Traveller's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger. I have the latter half of the book left to read and I am afraid the story will end too soon. It's one of those books you wish would go on forever.

I really miss the library in Gothenburg. They had good selection of books in Swedish (of course), in English, and in Finnish. Plus in legion of other languages I couldn't read. There was always something good to read. Always. Now I am living in a constant deprivation of literature. It's one of those shadow sides about living in a country where you don't comprehend the language. Libraries here don't basically have foreign collections - and if they do it's all from the 'movies made to books' department - and I won't be bothered to learn to read japanese with a kid running loose in my life.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read that book recently and enjoyed it, too. I'm surprised the libraries in Tokyo don't have a better selection. You'll just have to move back to Göteborg.
Joanne