Sunday, February 05, 2006

I Want More

What a wonderful day! Sun shone and I went to see two exhibitions at MOT. The other one was contemporary art from Eastern Europe. I was positively surprised how good works there were. For example: a video of deaf people's choir singing was very touching and a thick velvet mattress with holes full of intimate female voices was quite a funny one. I've had a prejustice about Eastern European art being totally gray and sad, but it obviously isn't only that. Another exhibition was about comtemporary japanese paintings and that was a fantastic exhibition to see. I seldom see so many new paintings that I like and that manage to wake any feelings in me. It seems to me, that japanese painters are more free to produce pictures they happen to like, without any notions to recent trends. I like that.

After that I saw a friend and we had some quality time together, meaning kids were at home with their fathers. I want more days like this.

No comments: