Saturday, January 06, 2007

Terrible Ambivalence

Last week we went to my kid's new day care for "training". That means I went there with the kid, to make the place familiar for him and to make him feel safe in a new place. I can't help being chicken shit about it all, wondering how he will cope with the institutionalizing - I know, I am being dramatic. And I know the kid will find his place there like all the others have done before him and he will learn social skills and even make friends. In many ways it will be good for him, but the start will be hard for everyone.

Next week we'll train again and week after that begins the hardcore adjusting period with day care every day and an absent mom. Yes, I am leaving for Sweden in a week and yes I am feeling pretty awful because of that. And at the same time I am thrilled to get back to my studies.

1 comment:

Timorous Beastie said...

Happy New Year. Looking forward to photos and posts from Sweden. And congrats on getting some time to yourself to study again.