Monday, February 19, 2007

Why Can't Japan Be Any Closer?

Oh GOD I miss Japan!

I just watched the first part of Karin Muller's documentary 'Japanland' and begin to long to Japan so much that I even had accidental tears in my eyes while enjoying the film.

I miss japanese food, both slow and fast, polite people, odorless elevators (one can sense a strong odor of urea in any given elevator in Metro of Helsinki), wonderful people I met there, places, Tokyo Elvises (didn't know them personally I must add), the beauty of Japanese people and, and, and...

Oh well. I can't do much about that longing right now. I am house-sitting at my friends here in Sweden and I'm also taking care of their old dog - the one I already shared my bed with earlier. He doesn't smell any nicer but he is a good dog and I like him.

Today we were supposed to start a course about certain prints at the local Art University. When we got there, the chap who we expected to teach us told us that his superior had forbidden him to teach us the course, because of god-knows-what. He refused to tell why exactly, but it had something to do with the fact that we are from another faculty. We could clearly see that he wasn't happy with the situation and that he was really sorry about all that.

So, no lectures. What we did? We watched 'Little Ms Sunshine' at school on class mate's computer. Not a bad way to spend a monday afternoon.

2 comments:

Timorous Beastie said...

Well, funnily enough, I want to move to northern Europe. Swap ya?

Liisa said...

I'd like to have both Japan and Northern Europe. Japan without earthquakes and Northern Europe without bad manners.

All the same I am looking forward to see you in Northern Europe, when ever that'll be.