Sunday, May 13, 2007

Stockholm and Thereafter

My time in Stockholm was lovely. Prejustices I've had towards Stockholm are getting weaker and weaker, though they do still exist. Stockholm is posh and I am not.

The course in Stockholm (about digitalisation) was very good and I had good time with my class mates after lessions. One night we ate sushi at one class mate's boyfriend. I worked hard to empty a big box of white wine and was very tired the next day.

Before travelling there I though I might call an old friend who lives in Stockholm and we could meet up, but thought then that my time will be going to sitting at lessons and socializing with my dear class mates, so I didn't call her. But I met her at a food store right before I caught the train back to Gburg. It was great! What are the odds?

The social life has been busy lately. Yesterday I was at an opening of an exhibition and to day I watched the Eurovision Song Contest in a bar with bunch of people. It was fun and I think (we) Finns made a great show.

Tomorrow is the Ice Hockey World Championship finals and Finland will be playing for the gold medal, against Canada. I'll be watching that game and I expect Finland to win.

No comments: