Saturday, October 04, 2008

Culture Saturday

Today I took some time to be with me and took me to some exhibitions. The first one was about Finnish art in 70's. I enjoyed it a lot. There were numerous works on paper and that, of course, always rigns the bells of my soul. The wood block print in the picture was one of my favourites.

The next exhibition me, myself, and I saw was from a finnish painter, whose works have never before really touched me though I've seen them. This time, the whole weird world the artist had created in a big exhibition hall was quite fashinating in almost a horror kind of way. I was impressed by real looking models he had made of existing buildings and it was entertaining to see how those models and paintings were parts of a same story, that was not really told from the beginning to the end - no point in that explanation - all the same, I kind of liked it.

Then I went to see Ars Fennica 2008 exhibition. Once again I have to say that though I have learned to watch art videos and even learned to like that art media - there weren't that many works in the exhibition that I found even a bit intresting. But I guess that's because of me, why would they show all that otherwise.

The last exhibition I saw today was by a photographer. Her works were beautiful. Beautiful surface. I didn't know if I liked them or not. I guess I had had my maximum dose of art for that day before her show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction to an earlier posting: It would appear that I might actually read more of your blog than you write. Some mistake surely!

The Pixy Princess said...

The art that I seem to like the most are the ones that incorporate mixed media. I love to see how otherwise divergent materials come together on a canvas to create one picture or image or idea. I don't know squat about art, but I do like this type!