Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gardener

Last spring I decided to plant tomatoes and see if they will grow at all. I am not known for my gardening skills, so I didn't expect much. Tomatoes started to grow and they created a green jungle on my balcony. None of the plants made a single tomato - until now, right before the weather is turning so cold that tomatoes will die, I found two little green tomatoes in the middle of the wild green jungle type of material. I doubt that they have time to turn red and become edible before minus degrees (Celcius) arrive. All the same, I am a happy balcony gardener.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still look, about as often as you write. Someone has said, or written, We read to know we are not alone. Maybe that's why I look.

Timorous Beastie said...

"We read to know we're not alone" C. S. Lewis. I still look too, and think of you often.