Thursday, June 23, 2005

Cheese (Said with Homer Simpson's 'Doughnuts' Voice)

I am really really really missing good cheese here. Ok, you can buy even that stuff in here, but I am not desperate enough yet that I would buy any of those tiny and extreamly expensive cheese pieces they sell here - and I am talking about European cheese: good old Dutch Gouda, sweaty Emmental, soft Brie de Meaux, creamy Gorgonzola and an endless list of other cheeses that make me drool only by thinking of them.

I see myself eventually getting desperate enough to buy cheese here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know about Azabu National in Hiro-o? It is a supermarket that sells many Western foods, including cheese. An added bonus: there is a wonderful park and playground across the street.

Liisa said...

I remember you mentioning it before. Now I finally had a look at their home page and it looks like my kind of a store. Thank you Erin. :-)

Timorous Beastie said...

I am missing cheese desperately too, but I tried Japanese "Camembert" from Hokkaido, and I must say it was delicious. Ripe and creamy.

Liisa said...

Hokkaido "Camembert" is ok and a good cheese, but not like the real thing.

I actually went to Azuba National store yesterday and they did have a good selection of all kinds of cheese from all over the world. Prices were high and pieces small, so I didn't buy that much. But, I found Finnish xylitol chewing gum!