Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bread and Bows

Good thing about Tokyo is that you can find almost anything in here - if you know where to look for what you are after.

Today I went to buy a Finnish Bread at Kinokuniya (I must have mentioned the place and the bread before). The shop is in Shibuya like the Children's Hall and when ever I take the kid to have fun at the hall, I pop into the shop and get some real bread too.

We entered the department store that sells the bread right at the opening time and as we walked to the lift all the members of the staff bowed us politely and said 'irasshaimase' (welcome). I still find that way of greeting hard to handle without wearing a tiara and an evening gown (I am the Queen of the World, but don't tell anyone - I want to remain incognito until the time is right).

Anyway, that morning-department-store-welcoming would be something I'd recommend as an authentic experience for an accidental western tourist who is spending a day or two in Tokyo.

No comments: