Saturday, April 14, 2007

I guess I don't understand today's respected Finnish male painters

We were at the Nordic Watercolour Museum with my class mates yesterday. We listened to few minor lectures and saw the present exhibition at the museum. The exhibition was mainly about the dualism of flesh and spirituality in us humans; can these both aspects dwell in us at the same time (the guide told us this). The Finnish chap's (yes, a fellow Finn) works "..explore masculine sexuality with a cynicism and honesty rarely seen." Numerous painting of ugly penises in other words. I was told that he is very respected artist in Finland today. My next thought was: do I have to live in a country where respected male artists paint mud coloured ugly penises for their living?

The pictures is taken close to the museum. A cute little town it was.

2 comments:

Timorous Beastie said...

Lovely picture. No doubt the town is more beautiful than the penises...

Liisa said...

Town was particulary more beautiful than the penises. Everything is more beautiful than those penises.