Thursday, July 12, 2007

Oulu and Raahe

We were away from home, up in the north for a week. My brother lives in Oulu and that's where we were. He was an overwhelmingly good host: lovely dinners, lovely wine and good company.

Here's a picture of a playground visit in Oulu. I remember these wooden rocking boats from my childhood (I spent my early childhood in Oulu) - hadn't seen them since god-knows-when. Vimme said that it's his cradle and stayed on the boat in this position for a while.

Here is a picture of the town where I spent my youth and school days, Raahe. I used to think it's the worst rat hole on this planet, when I left it and headed for elsewhere, for my fresh new adult life. Now the town looked very nice and peaceful. I wouldn't mind going there every now and then. If my financial situation was a bit better, I might get myself a summerhouse up there - there's nothing like feeding myself alive to mosquitoes.

Now were are back home. I am working on a mountain of laundry.

3 comments:

Timorous Beastie said...

Welcome home. I think I know how V feels in that photo.

Boo said...

How lovely Both of pictures are! :)

Liisa said...

Thank you, both of you. Lovely to see your names on comments!