Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Old Cars Have a Soul

This is my father's car. I use it every now and then, like today. I was suppose to help a friend to take her art work to a framing store. The picture was too big, so she had to call a taxi, which was a good thing to do: all of a sudden the car refused to start. I tried all the tricks I knew plus some extra ones but nothing helped - not even the opening of the distributor's cover, which I am proud to announce I did. So, I called my father and he told me he'll come as soon as he can.

When he arrived, the engine started - of course - and my father's theory is that old cars have a soul and the car wasn't just used to me yet. So he told the car to be nice to me. What can I say to that.

Yesterday we finally took the kid to Moominworld (we had been talking about going there since beginning of June). It was worth the 2 hours drive (both ways), 18 euro's entrance fee (even the kid) and four hours hanging out with other parents-, granparents-, and kid-units. The kid loved the place. Fortunaltely one doesn't have to go there every week.

Today arrived our Japanese guests (the 1st unit - tomorrow comes the 2nd one). The lovely H had grown a lot and wasn't a baby anymore; she had become a little girl. It's nice to hear Japanese again and it's very nice indeed to spend time with friends.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

that car is frickin' awesome!