Saturday, September 16, 2006

Sumo Rocks!

Oh god. I have been born again: I love sumo!

Today we went to see sumo wrestling at Ryogoku Kokugikan (Tokyo's Sumo Stadium... or what ever it would be called in english - or in finglish... hmm, but finglish I can define myself, so let's say it's a stadium).

I already enjoyed watching sumo on TV - when we still had a TV long ago in Europe. Now I saw the whole spectacle live and I can say that if I had a chance I would be there watching the game every helluva day of the tournament.

Today I was there with M and the kid and our Japanese friends - a family with two small kids. Of course it's not as relaxing to watch the game with children as it would be without them, but kids aren't an obstacle either - nobody seemed to give another thought to kids being kids, which means, not sitting still and jumping on everything.

So, if you are living in Tokyo and you haven't seen sumo yet, then you better get your bones to Ryogoku at once and see it yourself. It's extreamly enjoyable.

No comments: