Monday, March 26, 2007

Piko 1990-2007

Last saturday I was in Finland to be there when our old dog was taken to his last walk. He walked on his own wobbly feet, sniffed some bushes and even did some territorial markings before arriving to the vet. Me, M and M's mother were there and stayed close to the dog until he was gone. It was utterly sad. But I am glad I had a chance to be there on his side when he died. He lived a long and eventful dog's life, of which he stayed 14 years with us and the rest with M's mother, where he got totally spoiled, which - I think - was a perfect way to spend a retirement years for a good dog like him.

2 comments:

The Pixy Princess said...

Hey Liisa!
I've actually made it to Japan! Arrived into Tokyo this morning and will be here for the next 14 days.
Am so excited I can barely sit still... and even more excited that I'll be meeting with Jo and Beastie over the weekend!

thanks for inspiring me to come here in the frist place!

Sunny said...

Poor Piko. Very sorry to hear that story