Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Promises

Last weekend I was in Sweden, just for a weekend. Travelling with a small suitcase made me feel like a decent, average, sane human being.

I met my mentor (for the thesis I am writing) and had a meeting with another teacher and with couple of class mates. It was nice and relaxing to be in Sweden without "I have to stay here forever"-agony. On saturday I went to The Nordic Watercolour Museum for an opening. Exhibition was beautiful - go see it if you have a chance - and the dinner afterwards was lovely.
The picture is taken right next to the museum.

When I returned to Finland the kid had caught a cold, so he stayed at home with me until yesterday, instead of going to his daycare. I didn't get that much done when he was around, but once he went back to his daycare routine I started to read articles and I have to say: it's fun.

Now it's Good Friday. For me that doesn't mean so much, except that shops are closed and they play fantastic music on the radio: Pergolesi's "Stabat Mater" and Russian Orthodox church music, Bach's Matthew's Passion etc. M took the kid with him and went to his mom's place. I will follow them on sunday. I promise I will be a good student and work on my thesis until then.

No comments: