Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Language Problems

Sometimes there are weak moments when I think I should quit writing a blog in English. It's terribly embarresing to see all the language mistakes I've made (and published!!!) and sometimes things I try to tell don't make any sense - but the same thing happens in Finnish too, so that must be else than a problem with language.

But the fact is that this blog has brought good things to my life: I hadn't met such wonderful people as Tim and Jo if didn't have started to write this blog in English. Also, it's great to get comments every now and then and that way to hear how people, who still have a patience to read this, are doing with their lifes. Or at least hear from them. And I can always announce: this is Finglish. In Finglish you write like this.

I have started to write my degree thesis for the school. I am writing it in english (no finglish allowed) and I must say it's not easy. The longer I have been able to communicate in English, the less, I think, I can.

3 comments:

The Pixy Princess said...

You should be terribly proud of this! Most people can barely communicate in one language. ANd you can do so well in 2. Maybe even more.....

Timorous Beastie said...

Yeah! Keep blogging. I always read and enjoy. And want more! (BTW If you want me to proofread your thesis, let me know).

Liisa said...

Thank you for your encouraging words. And Tim thank you for the proofread offer. I'll keep that in mind.