Sunday, January 30, 2005

Everything Works

I am constantly impressed by the effectivity and neatness of this country. I wonder when these hard working people have time to clean their homes and tiny yards, but it's very rare to see a house with an untented garden here. Though I have to add that most gardes are the size of a stamp.

In this clean environment (I am not going into air pollution now) I meet an odor of a sewer. And not just a faint passing smell, but - you know - it stinks. Even in the shop where I often buy my food, there is a spot close to candy shelfs where it always smells bad - really really bad. I wondered about that, until I realised how much crap this city must produce. It must be a lot. I don't even want to think further how much. It's wonder everything works even this well.

No comments: