Sunday, January 23, 2005

Musicals


Chicago.

Yesterday we watched 'Chicago' on dvd. It was a well done film with visually rich scenes and good actors.

But...

It was dead boring and all the songs (and let me tell you, they were numerous) sounded the same.

Every now and then I want to give a chance to musicals. I liked 'Moulin Rogue' (it is not a real stage musical) so, I thought I might as well give a chance to Chicago too.

It'll take time before I watch another musical. I don't like musicals and I can't name a single musical song I would like. And Chicago wasn't any better than the rest of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But.......but, what about The Sound of Music, and there are always the Disney films.........Jungle Book e.t.c. I have not seen Chicago, myself, never wanted to. I guess I have not missed much lol. Vimme would love Disney films :-), which poses a question, Are Disney films available in Finglish?? lol

Christine x

Liisa said...

It's musicals originally made for stage performances I seem to dislike. That includes Sound of Music too. It is just too much. I have to admit, that you can tell a song from another in that musical.

Some Disney films are fantastic, some are boring. I like Dumbo a lot.

I'll start a revolution if there are no Disney films in finglish!