Sunday, August 28, 2005

Seen It Done It Been There

I survived Fuji-san! Every muscle in my body below my waist is aching and I slept 14 hours last night.


The climb was much harder than I thought and I did think it will be a tough one. At some point around sun rise I thought I might have to stay on the mountain for the rest of my life, because there wasn't any will or strength left in me to take another step upwards. But somehow I managed to reach the top.


At the top the wind was blowing hard and the whole top was covered with fog. I didn't see the crater. But let me tell you - I won't climb there again to get a glimpse.


Once you are at the top and happy you've done it that far, you begin to remember that you have to get down too somehow. So, already tired and ready to sleep for a week the climb down started. It was a long walk.


The group of Finnish mothers I climbed with was great. And I am really really glad we did it, though if I'd known how tough it is, I would have said no to the whole climb.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing photo's. Wow! what a veiw! Well done you x

Anonymous said...

last comment was mine, just in case your wondering lol.
Christine x

Liisa said...

I would have known it was you Chris :)