Sunday, July 09, 2006

Cultural Nourishment

I had a pleasure to see a Kabuki play, The Seagod's Villa, at Kabuki-za theater in Ginza. I was there with few friends. We bought the cheapest tickets to the 4th floor and rented ourselves earphones - without those the whole spectacle would have been much less giving especially for a person who doesn't undestand Japanese - so gaijin, if you go there, don't forget the earphones.

The play was slow and every now and then even a bit boring, but that wasn't a problem: I was fully entertained by watching every carefully designed beautiful scene on the stage.

Male head role was played by one of Kabuki's hottest names today, Ebizo Ichikawa. After checking him out on Google I realized that I had seen his face before. I am not totally clueless - only 98,5%.

No comments: