Monday, July 31, 2006

Tomorrow

I'll be off to Ishinomaki with my little monster. I told the kid that we'll ride on a Shinkansen tomorrow and stay away for two nights. He seemed to be excited. He wanted to know if we could take the Shinkansen already today. I said 'No'. I find myself saying 'No' to him all the time. Three years old's ideas aren't the most functional ones from a mother point of view.

Reason for us going to Ishinomaki is a friend of mine who invited us to join her and her family while they are having a holiday week there. I am looking forward to see another kind of Japan than just Tokyo, socializing with my friends, and breathing some fresher air - without the usual diesel flavour.

Tomorrow is also my last 30+ birthday. You can send your luxurious gifts in cash to my Finnish bank account!

3 comments:

Timorous Beastie said...

Happy Birthday Liisa!!

The Pixy Princess said...

Happy Birthday!
Hope you have a lovely year ahead... and if you've started it off with drinks... well then... its already off to a good start!

Liisa said...

Thank you Tim, thank you Nix.