Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Visitors, Fever and Vandals

We'll have visitors from Finland tomorrow! I received a call last week from my friend, asking if they could come to Tokyo 'next week'! I said 'yes of course!'.

I wish people would call me more frequently asking that same question. I haven't got my full guest-dose during our stay in Japan.

M's away for his job and the kid got ache in his tummy and high fever this evening, which equals with me getting worried. But he seems to be better already, so I suppose it isn't anything serious.

Until now there has never been any problems with thiefs or vandalism here in Japan. (I mean, in our life). Yesterday I went to our bicycle cellar and saw that someone had ripped off Vimme's seat's cover and got rid of it for good. We couldn't use the bike: Vimme wasn't able to sit on the seat without the cover. I got pretty pissed off. My guess is that it was a wild kid of our fellow foreigner (most people in our house are gaijins) expressing his/her frustration on our property. Damn, why don't people look after their kids?

No comments: