Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hakone

I am exhausted after a relaxing weekend in Hakone.

M's job had their annual Summer Camp there: we stayed over night at a hotel, had nice bath in hotel's onsen and a good Japanese meal and breakfast (dry fish and rice - I like that). Vimme too seemed to like his Japanese meal (sashimi and such) & he did enjoy having a bath at the onsen. If he could choose, we propably would live in a Japanese hotel.

Today we went to see Hakone Open-air Museum. It was half fun half duty - Vimme was there with us after all and he announced that he wanted to break all the sculptures!

It's a great museum: a good collection of modern art - mainly scupltures - spreaded around in a park surrounded by mountains. They even had some climbable scupltures for kids - but not as many as Vimme thought there should have been.

It took us five hours by train to get home. I dragged a stubborn back pain through all this. It's still with me and I am wishing it away.

No comments: