Sunday, July 24, 2005

Dark Side of Parenting

I understand why parents sometimes feel like they could slap their kids, but I honestly don't understand parents who actually do it. And for some people slapping kids doesn't even seem to be something that they should be ashame of. I've seen japanese parents (usually mothers) slapping their kids in public places quite often. And it's not only japanese that keep on slapping their kids: M talked to a neighbour who happily told a story that included her hitting her 3 years old kid. Jesusgod I find it disturbing.

I think most situations where kid-slapping takes place are caused by parents themselves. I can see it in myself. When I loose my nerves with the boy, it's usually when I do something that I shouldn't even try doing when the kid is awake, like writing e-mail. Of course kids can be a handfull, but nothing that a grown-up couldn't take care of without using any kind of violence.

No comments: