Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunday's Program

First I check that this is my english blog and I am writing in english (read: in finglish).



Ok, now I can tell that today we went to Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography. The work above was there (Toshio Iwai, Time Stratum II) and lots of other pieces of art. It was a fine museum, worth visiting.

At the museum was World Press Photo 2005 exhibition. While seeing it I made a mental note not to enter a press photo showing ever again in my life. I think it's discusting to watch other people's suffering in an exhibition hall. Ok, sport photos were good, but tsunami, Bezlan, Haiti etc photos were just painful to watch. I won't forget all that though it isn't rubbed on my face.

After that we went to Good Day Book Store, that is quite close to the Museum. I will go there again. They had a great selection of english books - second hand and new and prizes were OK. There was a sign on the wall, that said: 'Unattented children will be sold as slaves'.

Then we went to today's third nice place: Good Honest Grub restaurant. They served nice vegetarian food. I had an avocado & tofu wrap - it was just plain delicious.

No comments: