Saturday, December 30, 2006

Late December Saturday

It's a saturday before noon. We all slept late (until 8 o'clock at least) and M is having his late breakfast. The kid is in a hut made of pillows and blankets. I am going to get dressed and become effective - there is a lot to do.

Our guests from Japan are now safely back home. Before they left I was honoured to see baby guest's first steps. It must be a good omen for a little girl to start walking in Finland. I miss seeing her ever so happy "ohayoo"-face in the morning. I hope I will see them soon again.

My sister and her boyfriend came to have fondue with us last night. It must have been more than 8 years since we last prepared fondue. It was delicious. We should have it more often. The secret of good fondue is good cheese. We used Swiss Gruyere and Finnish well stored Emmental.

But that's about cheese for now.

The picture on this post was taken on christmas eve sometimes around one in early afternoon. Sun stays low this time of the year.

No comments: