Tuesday, December 05, 2006

No Ball

It's rainy, it's dark and it's cold. It's Finland!

Tomorrow is the independence day. Our Mrs President will have a huge ball and as before, I haven't been invited, which itself isn't a wonder: I haven't done anything I would be mentioned for in history books and I am not Mrs President's personal friend or even a member of the parliament.

Of course I would be panicing, if I suddenly found a forgotten invitation under my doormat. I have no dress to wear and my hair looks like a jungle so much that I am half expecting to hear Tarzan doing his howl any time, the Johnny Weissmuller way.

Oh well. A friend has asked our family unit to join theirs tomorrow afternoon and we'll have a nice dinner together. I can wear jeans and these people won't ask me if I have taken a perm. When people ask that, I wonder how low they think I've gone during my years away from this arctic land. If I saw a perm that looked like my hair, I would feel sorry for him/her.

Why don't I do something to my hair disaster? Well, I am lazy and I secretly like looking like I didn't give a poo about my looks.

No comments: